Monday, May 10, 2010

Our Family Theme Music is Circus Music

This really isn’t true. Sometimes, though, it SEEMS true. I mean, look at these kids. They look so sweet when they’re sleeping. They really are very sweet. Some days, though, start out innocently enough, and then I find myself underneath a circus tent.

Take Friday, for example. Rafa & Gabriela like playing with our home phone. They pretend they’re on the phone with someone and have a pint-sized conversation. If they actually manage to press the “on” button and find a dial tone, it usually stays off the hook for hours because I haven’t realized that it’s off the hook. Sometimes, one of them even manages to call someone from the easy-to-dial phone book. Grandma and Grandpa, and even Aunt Mary can attest to receiving the occasional phone call from one of the kids. So Friday morning, as I was cooking breakfast and watching the kids play with the phone, what I didn’t expect was the doorbell to ring and a police officer on the other side of the door asking, “Everything all right in there?” Yes, it happened. They somehow managed to dial 911. What parent doesn’t have this story to tell? Right???
In any case, the 911 folks must have heard the kids playing with the phone because the officer didn’t seem too surprised to hear my explanation. He smiled, wished me a good day and left. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment