Thursday, April 22, 2010

Where do I start?

On Monday, a person I know died. She wasn't old (at least in my 39 year-old eyes), but she had a long life. She was in her later 60's. At first, all I could think was, "I can't believe that's it." That's it - her life on earth is over.




I've known and known of many people who have died. This is nothing new. Young people, old people; famous and sometimes only famous to me. But for some reason, something about this got to me in a different way. That was IT...


What am I doing with it?




I started to think of people who spend their lives unhappy in one way or another. Maybe they aren't happy with their jobs, their personal lives, their relationships. Maybe they complain too much, compete too much, or spend too much, and they still can't find what they're looking for. What if they never do? At the last second of their life on earth, will they wish they had done it differently? I don't know...but I'm not gonna. God willing.



First thing on my list



I consider myself a happy and blessed person. I love God & my family so much it hurts. I have PLENTY to do, but even more that I want to do - like share our nutty family more with the rest of our family. We're always on the run, but certainly I can spare a few minutes at the end of the day to let everyone know what's going on! That's the first thing. So here we go...

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! I look forward to future posts. It is a shame that we live so close to one another yet we see so little of each other. It took traveling over 600 miles to see you, Frank, and the kids again. Can't wait to read about what y'all are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! We haven't gone to SA as much lately because the recollections that Frankie was going to in SA - they started having them in Austin. But we need to work on getting out more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think you guys looked great when I saw you. I am really happy we are already close :). A blog is a good idea to express ones self. I usually use blogs for silly posts about random things or use them to speak up about issues. This is a much easier way though! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad too!! And we love you all too!!!

    ReplyDelete