Thursday, January 6, 2011

On having a large family


I've been thinking about this post for some time. I remember when I was pregnant with Micaela. I was at Geneva's old school and a parent introduced me to another mother and told her, "She's pregnant with her fourth child." The other mother looked at me and said, "I'm glad it's you and not me." All I could think was, "I'm glad it's me and not you too!" But I didn't say it. Here are a few other doozies we've heard:

You know what causes that, don't you?

Have you thought about getting a TV?

Are they all yours?

You must be Catholic.

My, you have your hands full.

Was this planned?

Are you done yet?

Not exactly...

I don't think people who says things like this mean to be rude or anything - maybe they're just curious - strangers especially. I'm never rude back and I answer nicely. I use it as an example to the kids, and to show them and everyone how much we love them all.

That being said, we found out the other day that God is entrusting us with a new life to love. Sometime in mid-September, God willing, we will have our new little one here at home with us and enjoying the love and craziness that is Casa Candelaria.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Family!!! your oldest looks just like you! You are truly blessed! Love Your Cousin, Lori Peveto

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome news to hear. Funny thing is over here in Katy Texas it's common to see huge families... Here they say, "If y'all only have one or two kiddos, well you really can't call you're self a 'real' parent." On another note, I also remember the doctor that came in to check on our youngest, Mia, after she was born. He told us "God Bless you for not being politically correct and stoping at three."

    Oh yeah and don't forget that El Paso still need's water - Chuy De La O...

    ReplyDelete